While travelling in Mississippi we often came across various sites which were not directly connected to the blues but which we found to be interesting. So we’ll gradually be adding these sites on this Interesting Connections page in case any of our readers want to check them out.
Here are some of these Interesting Connections we came across. We will be adding more of these Interesting Connections in due time.
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Assassination site, now the National Civil Rights Museum
- Clayborn Temple, Memphis, Tennessee
- J.W. Cutrer House, Clarksdale. This house and the Cutrer family which lived there were the source of plots and characters for Tennessee Williams
- St. George’s Episcopal Church, Clarksdale. Tennessee Williams spent part of his childhood at this church during the sixteen years his grandfather, Rev. Walter Dakin, was Rector of St. George’s Episcopal Church.
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church, Oxford. William Faulkner was a parishioner of this church.
- Tutwiler Funeral Home – where Emmett Till‘s body was prepared for transportation to Chicago in August 1955.
- William Faulkner’s grave, Oxford, Mississippi
Would you like to leave a comment or question about anything on this page?